BELIEVE



Hi All,

Do you listen to you inner whispers, what do they tell you? Have you been pulled to do something in your life and your still not doing it? Whatever that maybe, you need to start listening. Those whispers will never go away, so why don't you look within yourself and see what your heart is telling you. 

All my life I knew I wanted to be of service to people, I want to share and inspire people with my story. We all have a story to tell, and what you do with your story is up to you. I know I am doing great things with my story, and you can too! 

It wasn't always like that though, I had to change my thinking, my surroundings, and yes even some of my friends. I also had to set strong boundaries with my family. If you truly believe in yourself, and you want to follow your life purpose, it can be done. Just stop, listen, and then take action. When you start believing in yourself so do others. It is hard for people to believe in you, if you don't believe in yourself.  

I started my journey about 5 years ago after feeling a shift within myself, and it has been incredible. It's had a lot of up's and a whole lotta of downs. But one thing for sure is, I always believed. I knew with hard work, and perseverance that my efforts will be recognized. Really great things have been happening, because I always kept the faith.

In 2012,  I joined forces with Derrick Shirley and a few others and started building It Takes 2 Youth Leadership Institute (IT2). Being a part of IT2 has emphasized what my purpose in life is, to work with an organization that services youth and families has always been my passion. I am currently handling all the Public Relations for Derrick Shirley and IT2. 

Throughout this past 6 months,  I've spent hundreds of hours volunteering my time, because I BELIEVE in IT2 and Derrick so much, and I know without a shadow of a doubt IT2 will be a success. I am so proud to be a part of this amazing organization!

Derrick Shirley is currently riding across Canada to raise funds and awareness for Youth At Risk and IT2. If you would like to donate, please click on link It Takes 2 Youth Leadership Institute

Here is a great article about identifying your passion http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Live-Your-Passion/2

Thanks for stopping by...

Shelley

Comments

Popular Posts