How To Stay Positive In The World We Live In Today

My name is Shelley Harris, a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, Mentor, Publicist and an OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) Ambassador. I live just outside of Toronto, Canada and I attended the OYOU Conference in Los Angeles this past fall. While there, I attended breakfast with Devon Franklin, Private Lunch with Oprah Winfrey, and attended an after party with Iyanla VanZant. The greatest lessons were learned from the greatest teachers. Each one had a profound impact on my life. Oprah called the OWN Ambassadors “Carriers Of Light”.

BUT...Life wasn’t always easy, I came from a place of sadness and trauma. As a child I was forced to live in victim mode, but over the years I knew I was more then my story. Throughout my life I continued to make the right choices, and decisions. I knew I was in control of my life and actions, it was up to me to shape my destiny, and create a new story. Even as a child, I remember forcing my parents to take me to church to be baptized. One of my saviors was throwing myself into sports and volunteering. These were my choices, and that is how I stayed true to myself. Just because a certain life has been dictated to you, it is up to you to choose your path.

Here are 10 ways to keep positive in the hard world we live in.
  1. The words you give life to good or bad will come to light. If your recordings in your head are of positive nature, you will have a positive outcome. If your thoughts are negative you need to change the channel in your mind. 
  2. Stay in a positive mindset, re-play the good in your life. Whether it was Grandma’s fresh cookies, a promotion, or in my case a private lunch with Oprah Winfrey, play it over and over until the negative thoughts leave your head. 
  3.  Do a people check, look at the people in your life, if the people you have in your life are not a positive influence you need to separate yourself. Surround yourself with positive people. 
  4. If you don’t like something change it, if you can’t change it, then change the way you think about it
  5. Appreciate and Be Grateful
  6. Keep your DREAMS Alive 
  7.  Laugh, Laugh, and Laugh , Belly laughs are the best -  For me personally at times, I use laughing as a coping mechanism 
  8.  Have a strong belief system - Your values & faith
  9. Think of Your Health 
  10. Saying No Graciously
My purpose in life is to be of service to people. Whether you are looking for support or resource feel free to contact me. Going through transitions in your life can be very challenging, use my top 10 tips to maintain control and positivity. Send me a line let me know about the positive changes in your life.

Stand In Your Light,

Shelley Harris, CPCC


Twitter: mobile_mentor
Email: shelley@personalbestlifecoaching.net
Blog: http://shellharris.blogspot.ca/

"Work, love & play are the great balance of our being"

Comments

Popular Posts