When is Enough, Enough!

I was almost 40 when I had my last child. Prior to that I was married to my highschool sweetheart and we were married/together for 18 years. Sadly it did not work out, but I am very happy with where my life is now, I have a wonderful husband and beautiful children. When I had my 2 older children I was in my mid 20's and although it was challenging at times I find it way more challenging having a 5 year old in my mid 40's.

When I was a child we didn't have much, my parents never cooked, maybe once a week we might get a half decent meal cooked, but not always. I can remember being about 5 and making my own lunches. My mom loved her junk, and her pop, she would have my brother and I walk to the store for her sometimes 2 or 3 times a day to get her cigarettes, pop, and chips. Back then there was no age regulation on buying smokes.

When we asked our parents what was for supper they said go take 6 pop bottles cash them in, and go get fast food, we lived around all of the fast food restaurants. As we got older we took extra pop bottles a day to get our lunch, the menu was usually a bag of chips, a chocolate bar, and a pop. Definitely no eating healthy in our house.

What that has done has created very bad eating habits with both my brothers and I. I was always active playing sports, going to the gym, or walking back and forth to school 6 times a day with my kids. While home last year I was so wrapped up in the volunteer work I was doing, I would miss most of my meals. Then at supper I overkill on my portions. Growing up with such terrible eating habits has really taken its toll on me. Over the last year I've noticed I am having health problems. Before I was somebody that never would go to the doctors or get sick and now I feel off most days.

Last evening I ended up in the hospital because of a migraine I had all week, and then Friday I blacked out, and was dizzy, light headed, and my vision was blurry. Once I arrived at the hospital they took me right in because of the recent history of my mother and brothers stroke/heart attack. All week I felt numb, and I was totally off. Today I stopped breathing, and couldn't swallow. This was very scary, I tried for about 10 secs to catch my breath and swallow I had to yell out to my husband to help me. He helped me get my breathing regulated. The past two evenings I have been waking up and not being able to breath and find myself gasping for air.

So today has been a big AHA day for me. Today is when the lifestyle has to change. This is not a want anymore this is a need. I don't want to feel tired, anxious, or exhausted, I want to get my energy back and get on with life, not only for me but for my kids. There is just to much in this lifetime that I have to do, and see.

I have watched my oldest daughter lose almost 20 lbs this past year. She is exercising, and eating healthy. I am very proud of her for such a great accomplishment. She inspires me, and makes me want to do better and be better.

I am writing this to hold myself accountable, and to ask for support as I begin this lifestyle change.

Thanks for stopping by...

Much Love,
Shelley



My Vision Board
My Children




Comments

Popular Posts