Boycotting Urban Planet

Tonight I was appalled at the service at Urban Planet by the Manager at Shoppers World in Brampton. A few weeks ago My daughter took her first paycheck from her first job and spent it at Urban Planet. We have been faithful shoppers there for as long as I can remember. One of the purchases was a cute little handbag. She bought it for a special occasion and used it one time and sadly it broke.

My daughter tried to take it back to the store for an exchange or a return tonight, and I was stunned when she came back to me with no exchange or money back, in fact she didn't even have the handbag any longer. I asked her what happened, and my daughter said the Manager took the purse, and told her she can not exchange or give money back, and then took the purse from her and tossed it in the garbage.

After my daughter came and told me what happened, I took her back to the store, I wanted to show her that she cannot allow herself to be treated that way just because she is young (17.5 yrs old). I went up and the Manager at first said you have to go over there to be served, meanwhile she served the man ahead of us, and was willing to serve the people behind us. She saw my daughter with me, so clearly she didn't want to serve us.

I asked her what happened, and she said your daughter tried to return the bag, and our policy is 14 days. We had no idea the return policy, we were a week late trying to exchange/return it. She was so rude, and I asked her where is the purse, she went over and grabbed it out of the garbage. I was so angry, that was my daughters hard earn money she just threw out. But what floored me even more was her absolute disrespect to me.

I asked her if that is her common practice, and I said I have to re-think about shopping here because the return policy really needs to be revamped, most other stores are 30-90 days. The manager said look around does it look like we will miss you if you don't shop here. I really don't care if you don't shop here. She clearly was a very young and inexperienced individual with absolutely no Customer Service Experience. I have had alot of bad service, but this one took the cake.

I normally like to keep my blogs about things that are important to me, but I could not let this go and not talk about it. It really bothers me when you are in the industry of servicing people that you clearly do not have the skills, let alone conflict resolution. It's not necessarily about the money, it's the principal!

My daughter and I will be boycotting Urban Planet and will no longer shop there. I would love your support by you doing the same.

Thanks for stopping by...

Shelley

Comments

Popular Posts