From The Eyes Of The Victim. A Poem About Bullying

This is the life of my niece, Alycia Hancox

A child goes to school day after day
Wishing this day will turn out okay
But knowing it will be just the same
Because I am just lame

A child is tormented day after day
Here on the ground I lay
After being pushed down and kicked
Feeling all the pain they inflict

A child is teased day after day
The things they say
Is like a whip across the heart
Internal bruises that never part

A child is picked on day after day
When I just want to play
Why do they pick on me
For things I cannot change, you see

A teenager is bullied day after day
I just want to fit in, okay?
Events that will haunt her forever
People laugh at her no matter

An adult is made fun of day after day
My confidence is low, you say
But you're the reason why
Though I'll always lie

An adult is depressed day after day
Wondering when it will be okay
I just want to be accepted and loved
Instead of just verbally shoved

An adult is hurting day after day
No one knows I'm not okay
I put on a fake smile
Being okay, it's been awhile

An original poem by Alycia Hancox

*a note by the author*

I wanted to write this as someone who has been bullied since I was in grade one, as someone who knows what it's like to never be good enough, to never fit in. I want others to know they are not alone and to have hope that some day it will get better if you seek support. Being bullied, especially for things you have no control over, (in my case buck teeth and autistic tendencies) leaves scars both physically and emotionally. The physical ones heal but the emotional ones never do. It affects how you see yourself and feel about yourself. But there is help out there if you ask for it <3

Comments

Popular Posts