Ask For What You Want

Hi All,

It's the last week of September and I am sitting here playing back this past week in my head. So much is happening and I am feeling very overwhelmed. Normally I take things in stride and just ride the wave. But, these days have been so overwhelming, preparing the house, cleaning, de-cluttering, and then selling the house has been exhausting. A week later having a huge garage sale and working 12 hour days has been alot to take on. I told my husband this weekend I am resting and relaxing, we will start our packing next week.

I know that soon enough this will be a memory, so I need to embrace it. I want to be present for my friends, family, co-workers and most importantly my children. I need to really be mindful of my time and energy. This past week I told friends and family about our move to Newfoundland. Most comments were very positive. What I realized is the impact I had on others. It was very humbling and amazing. Each telling me a story of how I affected their life.

When I start thinking about our move, I start feeling a whole ton of emotions, like an emotional roller coaster. But aside from it all, I am so excited and eager to begin the new chapter in our life.  I sit here and think about how simple life will be in Newfoundland and how great it will be to be with family. I want Kayla to have great life in a place where kids can roam free, and play until it gets dark.

When my husband asked me if we move what will we do for work? I said don't worry about me, I'll get creative. So it got me thinking, I love my job, I love the people I work with, so how can I take it with me. I sat down with my job description and put together a chart, what has to be done in the office and what can be done remotely. When I finished mapping it all out, I realized that 75% of my work is done online.

Once I prepared the job proposal I requested a meeting with upper management and presented my proposal. I thought, hey the worse their going to say is no. But I made it a win win situation. I sold myself as a consultant, and they accepted. This is very exciting, to be able to work for one of the best companies in Ontario and to do it from our home in Newfoundland is the best gift I could ever ask for.

I am truly blessed. When you open yourself up, the universe doors start to open and really provide.

As I've told my kids, if you want something bad enough be creative and get it!


Thanks for stopping bye...

Much Love Shelley

Here is a video from my place at work, it was a ton of fun doing the video. Can you spot me in the blue sweater? Therapure Biopharma

Comments

Popular Posts