Ride The Experience

Have you ever been on a roller coaster? I am not one for rides but I have rode a mini roller coaster. You know that feeling in your belly where one minute it's up, and one minute it's down. I've always been too chicken to go on those big rides. But I am guessing it is the same affect, maybe just a little bit more feeling in your belly. That's how my emotions have been throughout the adjustment here, it's been an emotional roller coaster. One minute I am like OMGoodness I am living in Newfoundland, how amazingly blessed am I? Then the next minute I am like I don't know if I am cut out for this. But when I sit still, I see our vision, and my heart is so happy to be here.

Today I decided to blog after a conversation I had with my husband. I wrote a status on Facebook today and he asked me about it. I wrote "Looking forward to Ontario!!! Time to recharge, and refresh T-23 days..." He said what do you mean your looking forward to recharging and refreshing in Ontario? Newfoundland has always been the place we came to for recharge and refreshing, and now your saying going to Ontario is going to give that to you. He was confused, and I guess rightly so.

I stopped and thought how true is that, he had a valid point. I said okay I understand but let me explain. When we were in Ontario, I used to write every summer, something to the affect about relaxing and recharging in Newfoundland, and I couldn't wait to get here. We always had an amazing time, and it was always tough to go back. I always dreaded going back to crazy city life after such a restful vacation.

So when I say Ontario is going to be a refresher, what I mean is, it is my norm, I will see my children, and my friends and family, and that always brings me joy. It will break up the monotony here and provide a refresher so when we come back we have the patience to make it through until July/August when our house will be finished. 

As I continued explaining, I said absolutely Newfoundland is the place I want to be, this is where my heart is, and once our home is built and we are settled I will feel much better. But think about it from my perspective, I've been on my own since I was 17 years old, and living in the city. Born and raised in all the hustle and bustle, it was crazy times for sure. Not only am I moving to a small town, think about everything that changes. The culture is so different (which I love btw), lack of amenities, living with someone, lack of privacy, no space, left all my friends & family, everything is packed, and just out of our everyday routine. Plus the adjustment Kayla has felt, at times has been very tough and emotional, normally she is such a happy go lucky child. Thankfully she has been making lots of new friends, so that really warms my heart and makes me happy. 

I continue to be mindful that this is not my home, and I try to be respectful but I feel overwhelmed and stressed sometimes. It's been very difficult not being able to have friends over for Kayla and I. I know this will all pass and in a few months we can have friends and family over, and get back to regular life.

In closing, you are always going to experience ups and downs in life, a roller coaster is a great metaphor like the emotions we feel. Just ride it out, talk about it, or write about it. Don't hold your emotions in, it does not serve a purpose and in turn will end up hurting you more.

Thanks for stopping bye...until next time

Much Love,
Shelley
xo

P.S. Come on summer :)  





Comments

Popular Posts