Living Life By Choice

Hey All,

It's been 7 months since we took a leap of faith and moved to Bonavista from Brampton, Ontario. There has been alot of ups and alot of downs. Initially when I first moved here, I found it extremely difficult. Leaving my friends, family, and especially my older kids was alot harder then I ever thought imaginable. There were times where my husband said, do you want to go back to Ontario, and I wanted to scream yes, but I stuck with our vision. I kept reminding myself that this is what we wanted for more then 5 years. This was our choice. Moving in with family and not having the amenities has been a big adjustment and challenge, but we are getting through it. One things for certain, I never want to live out of boxes again, nor will I ever take my shower or stove for granted again lol. 

Our home, outside is just about done, now for the inside

Now lets fast forward to now, I am so happy we stuck it out, I have a kick to my step, meeting lots of wonderful people and I am enjoying life here in Newfoundland. Whether I am trying new foods, hiking different trails, or just sitting back and listening to the Newfoundland accent or music, I am loving every bit of it. I enjoy good people, good food, and fun times, and so far Bonavista has not disappointed. Sure there has been alot of adjustments to my life, but you have to keep an open mind and an open heart, keep your vision at the forefront and everything will fall into place.

Moving to Newfoundland has been very exciting, years of dreaming has now become a reality. How awesome is it to know each day when I wake up I can take a few steps and be at the ocean. It's amazing to take in the salt water air, live the culture, see the icebergs and the whales. Everywhere you look is post card material. If you haven't visited Newfoundland be sure to put it on your bucket list.

So about the community, people back home know how much I was involved in my community, so I am finding my way around here too. The first thing I would love to do, is to win $250,000 for Bonavista. I've entered our town #KPP_Bonavista in the "Kraft Project Play" and the top 4 will be announced July 26th.  I would love to see a splash pad and/or pool, skate (board) park, updated and safer playground equipment etc.... so over the next month I will be blitzing social media with #KPP_Bonavista on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. If your reading this, I would love your support, as I mentioned above, judges are announcing top 4 on July 26th, so we have to make sure we are "talking" and hashtagging #KPP_Bonavista so we can be seen and heard.

In addition, I am on the Mental Health and Addictions Committee. These causes resonate so much with me, and I am happy to be with such a great group of people. Bringing awareness is what our community needs, no one needs to feel they have to live in silence, we have to remove the stigma. We had a walk to bring awareness for Mental Health and Addiction and the people that came out was fantastic. 

Excellent Turnout in Bonavista for the Mental Health & Addictions Walk

Being involved in the community fulfills a portion of my heart,  I am very passionate about making a difference. Being a Certified Professional Coach (Life Coach) I encourage and support people to discover who they are and what they are passionate about. Providing support and encouragement is what I love to do, anytime people are at a crossroads they can talk to me about opening up doors and setting goals. Contact me if you or someone you know is interested in one on one coaching.



Broken Equipment #KPP_Bonavista
Playground equipment needing updates #KPP_Bonavista
Bonavista Playground #KPP_Bonavista


Until next time...Thanks for stopping by

Shelley








Comments

Popular Posts