Creating A Bucket List



As a Certified Professional Coach (Life Coach) and Mentor I encourage and empower people to not only have the dreams, but to achieve them. One of my quotes that I live by is, "To empower the possibilities is to inspire the dream"

When creating a bucket list, what are some of the criteria or ideas that come into play when you are thinking of your bucket list? 

There are a few things you can do to build your ideas and visions. What are your goals and dreams?  What is important to you? Who would be a part of your bucket list? What experiences would you like to try? What goals would you like to achieve?

I've always been an avid believer in Vision Boards. The importance of a Vision Board is to provide clarity, it helps keep the focus on your goals and dreams. Put your dreams and goals into the universe, speak your intentions, plant the seed, sow the garden (do the work), then, when you have created the possibilities, it is time to reap what you have sowed and to enjoy the fruits of your labour. 

This was my previous Vision Board, I created this one digitally, and I also have created them on bristol boards. Do whatever works for you, but it is important if it is digital, print it and always have it in sight. 

I am due to create another Vision Board for 2019. I would add my incredible experiences with Oprah, that will always be something I cherish and look forward to. Being with Oprah, and my fellow OWN Ambassadors and OWners encourages me to keep striving for a better version of myself. Always surround yourself with people that are going to lift you higher, and who are always going to be your personal cheerleader. 




Since it is your bucket list you can change it whenever you like, sometimes you have to re-shift and re-prioritize. Thats ok! But be specific with your details!

10 years ago I did a personal video on my goal of moving to Newfoundland. I am originally from Ontario but I knew after coming here the first year that eventually I wanted to make it my home. Over the course of 4 years, I started the ball rolling, in early 2010 we decided to start doing little things to move forward with our goal, eventually those little things turned into big things, and in November 2014 we moved to Newfoundland.

There are some fundamental things in life I won't settle for, feeling guilty for traveling to see my family, traveling for pleasure or being outspoken on my beliefs. But, there are other times I will compromise, but I'll do that knowing whatever I am not liking is temporary and the bigger picture is in sight. 


Creating a bucket list is so important, it always gives you something to look forward to. These are some of the things on my bucket list. The key is to be specific. There is not necessarily a time limit, but be realistic with your time line. There is alot of planning that needs to happen to achieve certain goals. These are in no particular order. 
  • Become more spiritual in my faith
  • Write my book
  • Travel to Africa to help with people in need
  • Visit the Serengeti 
  • Zip-lining in the jungle
  • Get over my fear of public speaking
  • Travel to Maldives
  • Travel to Fiji
  • Become a grandma
  • Explore all of California (my happy place)
  • RV-ing across Canada
  • Visit Victoria Island
  • Travel to Horseshoe Bend
  • See Come From Away 
  • Spend more time with Oprah
  • Travel with my entire family
  • Have an individual vacation with my son
  • Have a family portrait done, its been 10 years
  • Walk through Central Park
  • Eat pizza in Italy
  • Visit Greece
  • Prepare A Will
  • Have my family here this year for my 50th birthday
  • Live in a Tiny Home (when I retire)
  • Travel all over in my Tiny Home
  • Watch my younger daughter in a musical theatre in Toronto
  • Be there for the birth of my grandchildren (not sure when that will happen)
  • Contribute and be employed at the wellness centre 
  • Build a successful young adults group
  • Lose weight, get healthier

I hope you've enjoyed reading "Creating A Bucket List", more importantly I hope it got your juices flowing to create your Bucket List and Vision Board! 


Until next time...Thanks for stopping by

Shelley
xo











Comments

Popular Posts